This programme has been supported by DC Handicraft, Ministry of Textile Govt. of India. The basic concept of this programme is to organize participation of craft persons over a need based approach for integrated development of potential handicraft clusters, in which the craft persons would be involved at all stages of implementation of the programme. The ultimate objective of programme is empowerment and sustainability of the craft community with whom this programme would be implemented.
SEWA Lucknow implemented this programme in Lucknow and has developed an artisan cluster through...
- Baseline survey was done involving people from craft community of the area
- A cluster of 500 craft artisans have been developed
- 42 artisan based Self Help Groups (SHGs) have been formed
- All 42 SHGs have be been bank linked
- This time the craft artisans do not produce chkakari, rather they work on- Applique, Kamdani, Crouched, and Zari